What does this blog title mean?

The Finger of God

The Finger of God- The Lord's doing

    For quite a long time I had been toying with the idea of creating a blog to share God’s word. But I put it off for the lack of time; this quarantine due to the pandemic has finally opened a door for this new venture (Praise God!). Having decided to get working on creating a blog, I was struck with choosing a blog name. Without much thinking I handed over the job to God saying, “Jesus you know the motive behind opening this blog, I just wanted to share what I had been taught by You to others and I pray that someone, somewhere, at the end of their rope (reading this blog) would find hope and peace in You. I know that all the good things I possess come from You, so Heavenly Father show me a name for this blog.” After prayer I went on reading the Bible, I was reading Exodus 8 that day and when I reached verse 19 the phrase, ‘Finger of God’ caught my attention and boomed with an assurance that this is the name God has given my blog(Praise God!). I dwelt on this phrase and Jesus helped me understand the meaning of the phrase. I would like to share it with you.

    In Exodus 8:19, after the failed attempts to replicate the plague of gnats brought by God on the Egyptians the magicians declared: “This is the finger of God.”(Ex8:19) Here the phrase means the work of God or the Lord’s doing. Expanded further, the finger of God is the will of God that no one can deter. The will of God, when it is done on the earth, makes people see the power of God. Just like how the power of God was manifested in Moses (who submitted to the will of God) before the Egyptians which led the Magicians (unbelievers) to see the finger of God (The glory of God’s doing) through Moses. When you submit to do the will of God others around you will see the finger of God (the Lord’s doing) in your life and His glory will shine through you and His power will be manifested in you.

    There is a mention of this phrase elsewhere in the Bible too.

The finger of God illustrates:

Ø  THE CREATIVE POWER OF GOD- “When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers…”( Psalm 8:3)

Ø  THE HEALING POWER OF GOD-After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears.”( Mark 7:33)

Ø  THE LOVE OF GOD-The Lord gave me two stone tablets inscribed by the finger of God.”( Deuteronomy 9:10 ) also “I will put my laws in their minds, and write them on their hearts”(Hebrews 8:10)

Ø  THE MESSAGES FROM GOD-“Suddenly the fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the plaster of the wall, near the lampstand in the royal palace.”( Daniel 5:5)

Ø  THE MYSTERIES OF GOD -“ But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger”( John 8:6)

Ø  THE POWER OF GOD OVER SATAN-“But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.”( Luke 11:20)


I pray and hope God touches your heart and speaks to you. 
     
  How can I pray for you today? I would love to. You can either leave a prayer request in the comments below or click on this link https://forms.gle/q4NCREEbaHNLka8L9

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What Hope do we have in Christ?

Lovingly Wounded by God

A Journal Entry